Frequently Asked Questions
We've tried to answer anything you may be wondering, but in case we missed one you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCJGA is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization located in San Diego's North County. Our mission is to make junior golf fun, affordable and accessible for boys and girls of all ages and skill levels.
Click here to be taken into our BlueGolf platform. Complete all of the required information and your membership application will be processed. You can join at the same time as you register for a tournament or separately.
- A 12-month membership from the dated joined.
- Discounts on entry fees into NCJGA Tournaments (pays for itself after 3 or 4 events).
- PAR Membership packets are handed out at the first tournament you play in after you sign up.
- BIRDIE & EAGLE packets will recieve PAR at first event and all remaining add need player to e-mail JC Junior application to Marcia@ncjga.com. It will take 5-7 business days for all to fall in place at Twin Oaks.
- If you dohttp://www.emerickgolf.com/ not have a GHIN handicap number NCJGA can set that up for you at no charge to juniors until age 18.
- Discounts on instruction with David Emerick, PGA
- Discounts on group instruction, clinics & summer camps.
A GHIN handicap number is obtained through the Southern California Golf Association. Juniors should start posting all 9 and 18 hole rounds of golf on a regulation length golf course to establish a handicap and get an index.
The Premium Players Club is an optional addition to your NCJGA membership. Adding the (PPC) service allows you an in-depth look at your playing statistics. You are also able to add non-NCJGA tournament rounds to build a larger base of statistical data. The (PPC) is a great way for the golfer to find the areas that need improvement. This feature is a perfect tool to help the college bound student/athlete.
No, everyone may play however, to be eligible for POINTS and earn Player of the Year (POY) awards or exemptions to the (TTC) Toyota Tour Cup Division at the end of each year.
The entry fees for each event can be located under "Tournaments." Select the info link for the event you are playing in. Most 1-day Championship Tour events cost $65 for members, 2-Day JGS events $145 for members. Executive Tour rates 18 holes $45 for members and $35 for 9 hole members.
Tournaments on the executive tour are for boys and girls 5-18. They are scheduled on Sunday afternoons at executive-length golf courses (~3000 yards) with 2 flights, TP Tournament Player & DP Developing Player with with 4 divisions in each flight.
Am I a TP or DP player on the Executive tour?
TP players are juniors that have been playing tournament golf and can shoot +10 or better.
DP players are new to tournament golf and as a beginner to the game NCJGA rule is that you will pick up your ball and take double PAR plus 1 if you reach that. Example: PAR 3 you are on the green in 6 and when you putt your ball does not go in. You would take your maximum score of double par plus 1.
Tournaments on the championship tour are for boys and girls 11-18 years old. They are 1-2 day events at championship-length golf courses (~6000 yards) with advanced (Toyota Cup), competitive (seasonal points) and recreational divisions (just for fun).
Points are Awarded at the end of the year to Over All Player of the Year!
Yes, however you will need approval. E-mail David@ncjga.com or Marcia@ncjga.com Keep in mind we have a 18 hole division on the CT
The Toyota Tour Cup is apart o SCPGA tournament program and is designed for the experienced junior golfers who hope to play in college. The Toyota Tour Cup is recognized by college coaches throughout the United States as one of the premier competitive junior golf tours in the country. NCJGA has partnered with the Southern California PGA Junior Tour to offer exemptions into events on the TTC the following season. Boys 13-18 are eligible to play if they shoot 78 and under. Girls 12-18 are eligible to play if the shoot 85 and under
(select yes in the tournament registration for TTC).
Tournament registration deadlines are 1 week prior to the tournament date. If you attempt to register after the registration deadline please E-mail Marcia@ncjga.com as we always try our best to get everyone into an event.
Tournament schedules are on the home page. Find the tournament you want to play in and click the "register" link to the right of it and follow the on screen instructions. You can sign up for multiple tournments at the same time.
The NCJGA does its best to accept every player into a tournament on a first come first served basis. Should the number of players registered exceed the number of available spots; a waiting list will be generated.
If you missed a deadline and there are still spots left in the tournament, you can e-mail Marcia@ncjga.com and she will assist you with registering for the event.
This information will be available the on or before the Friday before the event by 8pm. You can access the pairings by clicking on the Tournament Schedule then click on the "info" link that is provided for each tournament. There will be a "Pairings" link in the upper left side under tournament round between the date and name of golf course being played.
A caddy is allowed on the Executive Tour for DP players.
View the details under the "parent/player information" section of the tournament information page (TIP) as each tournamet will specify if a caddy is allowed and for what divisions.
It is best to check the TIP tournamnet information page for the event you are intested in playing in. It is up to the golf course.
Players are required to check in at the tournament registration table when they arrive at a tournament course.
Players must check in at least 1 hour prior to their assigned tee time to allow the player time to warm up on the range/putting green.
Players must arrive to the first tee 15 minutes prior to their tee time to receive their tournament scorecard and any further instructions.
- Active NCJGA Members earn points for the Top 10 position on both the Championship Tour for all 18 hole divisions and in the TP Flights on the Executive Tours.
- Points are not combined - 2 tours - each have individual points for top 10 finishers.
Always confirm the tees being played by clicking on the age division under contests on the tournament information page (TIP) for the tournament you signed up for. As a general rule, the tees are as follows:
Executive Tour (ET)
All DP Players will play 9 holes from the forward tees
5-7 forward tees - 9 holes
8-10 back tees - 9 holes
11-13 middle tees - 18 holes
14-older back tees - 18 holes
8U forward tees - 9 holes
9-10 back tees - 9 holes
11-13 forward tees - 19 holes
14-16 back tees - 18 holes
Boys Championship Tour (CT)
- 11-13 play 18 holes from the forward tees (4800-5200)
- 14-18 play 18 holes from the middle tees (6000-6400)
- 13-18 Toyota Tour Cup play 18 holes from the back tees (6700-7000) Advance Player
- 9 and older play 9 holes from forward tees (caddy allowed)
Girls Championship Tour (CT)
- 11-13 play 18 holes from the front tees (4800-5200
- 14-18 play 18 holes from the middle tees (5200-5600)
- 12-18 Toyota Tour Cup play 18 holes from the back tees (5800-6200) Advance Player
- 9 and older play 9 holes from forward tees (caddy allowed)
Absolutely, the NCJGA welcomes players of all ages and skill levels. We have the DP Developing player flight for that very reason.
Golfers who are trying out tournament golf can sign up for the 9 hole division on the Executive Tour Events.
Our address for donations is 2604B El Camino Real, Suite 116, Carlsbad, CA 92008
You may also make an on-line donation through Paypal by clicking here.
Go to our Sponsors Page to learn about becoming an NCJGA sponsor. All donations are tax-deductible. You will receive a letter from us with our tax ID number as a receipt.
No, all players in NCJGA competition are required to walk. Pull carts are allowed. Parent in the caddy divisions can rent a cart however, the clubs can ride but the player must walk.
Refund Policy: All withdrawals must be submitted in writing to withdrawal from an event. Send e-mail to -mail - Marcia@ncjga.com
- 13 days or before - refund less $25 administration fee.
- 12-7 days - 50% of entry fee
- 7 days transfer equal or lesser value - 1 transfer per year!
- 6 days or less - no refund
Tournament cancelled due to weather conditions - When an event is cancelled or cut short due to unplayable conditions - contact Marcia@ncjga.com
Parents can support the program by offering to volunteer:
- Marshall: Provide supervision on the golf course and encourage proper pace of play.
- Scorer: Walk with the group and record each player's hole-by-hole score. A scorer is required for all boys and girls 10 & under divisions.
- Shuttling: When courses have long green to tee walks, parents will be assigned to a hole to drive kids to the next tee box to keep up the pace of play.
No, but some courses include a a lunch special $5.00-$10.00.
NCJGA recommends that each player come prepared with their own snacks and water. Always check the TIP tournament information page under whats included.
All ties are determined by card off, back 9 first still tied last 6 holes (USGA). TCQ will have a on course playoff.
Every player who turns in a scorecard earns a prize. Champion and Runner Up earn plaques/trophies and 3rd, 4th, and 5th places earn medals.
USGA and Local Rules are in effect. Please adhere to proper golf attire.
Points are awarded to the top 10 finishers of each competitive division.
Yes, please visit the Instruction pages on the site for camps, clinics and the School of Golf.
Yes, Learn to Play events will be held at Goat Hill Park on Saturday afternoons. NCJGA "Learn to Play" events are perfect for new golfers that have been hitting balls at the driving range and want to start playing on the golf course.
- Your junior, under the supervision of an experienced instructor, will learn the rules of golf and "on course etiquette" while they play.
- Learn to Play events will be held on Saturday afternoons on executive golf course. Juniors will have a chance to earn ribbons for good play, proper etiquette and sportsmanship.
- Juniors will receive a certificate when he/she has completed the "Learn to Play" program. They will then be eligible to participate on Executive Tour (ET) in events.
Join the SCGA - Junior Golf Pass by registering or renewing online at http://www.scga.org. A yearly $50 membership fee, if you need financial help just email email@example.com. Join or renew your membership by March 1st so that you receive your membership card and are eligible for discounts at many golf courses in San Diego.